HTML Introduction: Welcome to Ushanand Infotech Solutions, Now we will discuss about Introduction to HTML. All we know HTML is the most commonly used language for writing web pages. HTML is a hypertext markup language. Now In this article we will learn Introduction to HTML.
Introduction to HTML
- The link available on the web page is called hypertext. Hypertext means web pages (HTML documents) linked together.
- HTML is a markup language, which means that you only use HTML to “mark-up” a text document with a tag that tells the web browser how to display it.
HTML was developed by researchers with the aim of facilitating the sharing of scientific information. HTML was defined to define the structure of documents such as headings, paragraphs, lists.
Now, HTML is being widely used to format web pages with the help of various tags available in HTML language.
Basic HTML Document
In its simplest form, the following is an example of an HTML document –
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>This is document title</title> </head> <body> <h2>This is a heading</h2> <p>Document content goes here.....</p> </body> </html>
This is a heading
Document content goes here…..
Read Also: CSS Tutorial Series
Also Visit: Best SEO Expert in India
HTML is a markup language, as described earlier, and uses various tags to format the content. These tag angles are enclosed within braces <tag name>.
Most tags have their respective closing tags. Except for some tags, for example, <html> has its own closing tag </html> and <body> tag has its own closing tag </body> tag etc.
The following tag is used in the example above the HTML document –
Tags and description
- <! DOCTYPE …> : This tag defines the document type and HTML version.
- <html> : This mainly includes the document header. This tag encloses the full HTML document represented by <head> … </head> and the document body <body> …</body>.
- <head> : This tag represents the header of the document that can hold other HTML tags such as <title>, <link>, etc.
- <title> : The <title> tag is used inside the <head> tag to refer to the document title.
- <body> : This tag refers to the body of other HTML tags such as <h1>, <div>, <p> etc.
- <h1> : This tag indicates heading.
- <p> : This tag represents a paragraph.
To learn HTML, you have to understand how they behave when drafting text documents. You have to study various documents and learn that HTML is as simple as users One needs to learn to use various tags to format text or pictures to create a beautiful web page.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) recommends using lowercase tags starting with HTML 4.
HTML document structure
The HTML document will have the following structure –
<html> <head> Document header related tags </head> <body> Document body related tags </body> </html>
Now, let us see what the document declaration tag is.
<! DOCTYPE> Declaration
To understand the version of HTML used in the document, the web browser <! The DOCTYPE> declaration tag is used.
The current version of HTML is 5 and uses the following declaration –
There are many other declaration types in an HTML document that can be used depending on which version of HTML. Depends on it. We will see more details on this while discussing <! DOCTYPE …> Tags with other HTML tags.